1. I love Ethan's beautiful smile and his laugh, so pure and joyful.
2. I love that he laughs at his sisters' funny noises and giggles.
3. I love it when he holds my finger with his little hands.
4. I loved it when he reached for Daddy's and Omi's faces.
5. I love giving him baths, especially when the girls help.
6. I loved finding out that we were expecting a baby, and just one this time.
7. I loved finding out that we were having a boy.
8. I loved having a normal and quick and complication-free birth, an amazing welcome to the world. And I loved that I could hold Ethan right after he was born and that he could stay with me for the whole time in the hospital. I loved introducing him to the girls when we came home from the hospital.
9. I love holding him when he's fallen asleep and I can enjoy just watching his peaceful face.
10. I love that I still get to hold him, even if it isn't forever.
11. I love swinging with Ethan on the swing outside.
12. I loved that he always smiled at new people and enjoyed making friends.
13. I love Ethan's dimples.
14. I loved sleeping with him as a newborn on the sofa in the playroom, even if it was 3-6am.
15. I loved playing peekaboo and this little piggy with him.
16. I love singing Little Boy Blue with Ethan in the evening when he's fussy.
17. I'm happy we got to meet our son.
18. I love going out to dinner as a family.
19. I love going for walks with Ethan.
20. At one point, Ethan took to waiting up for me at night. I would check on him before I went to bed and he was often still awake. I would go into his room and he would talk to me in little chirps and cries. I'd pick him up, soothe him, and put him back in his bouncy chair and he'd quickly fall asleep. The other night, he really lifted my heart. I heard him coo, so I went into his room and held his velvety soft hand. He cooed some more and then began to laugh. I hummed to him and he laughed once more. I wanted so badly to see his beautiful face, so I turned on his mobile light and just watched him smile. I wish I could have bottled that moment forever but had to explain to him that it was time for bed. He gave me one more laugh and then fell softly to sleep. Sweet boy! I love you!
21. Ethan, you were meant to be with us and we love you!